Old September 29th 11, 06:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike the Strike

Default Shaping wing tip skids

On Sep 29, 9:13*am, wrote:
On Sep 29, 11:20*am, Steve Freeman wrote:

I have a pair of wing tip skids from Wings and Wheels. They are the
white ones, described on the website as "Gray/white soft rubber-like
material skids". I need to shape them to fit the curvature of the
wing. I have considered using the cylindrical end of my belt sander
but am concerned with loading up the belt very quickly and rendering
it useless. Six inch wide belts are not cheap. Has anyone tried to
shape these to fit the wing?

The silicone rubber molded skids I think you are referring to will not
clog your bely based upon my experience.
UH

They also won't stick to your wing.

Mike