Old December 11th 19, 05:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

Default Gliding risk....

On Tuesday, December 10, 2019 at 8:29:47 PM UTC-8, wrote:
On Tuesday, December 10, 2019 at 3:48:08 PM UTC-8, Dan Marotta wrote:
I went to the dictionary and looked up "****ing contest".Â* There was a
link to this thread.

On 12/10/2019 11:27 AM, Ramy wrote:
As Jonathan said. You will never hear me say that the typical glider accident is direct result of poor airmanship. Sure some of them were, but many aren’t. We are human and human make fatal mistakes, including, and perhaps especially, the best pilots. This is the ultimate price some of us pay for the thrill that soaring gives us. Life is either an adventure or not at all, just a bunch of birthdays strung together.
I am ok if this will be written on my tombstone.

Ramy

--
Dan, 5J

Ha! I think that link is actually to the "15 Hour Wonders" thread.
This one is listed under the Circular Reasoning entry in wikipedia. It goes something like this:
All aspects of flying, with perhaps the exception of an elevator connected improperly at the factory, are within the definition of airmanship. Crashes happen. Therefore crashes happen because of poor airmanship.

You need to go to NTSB/Aviation and read the actual accident reports. Get back to me after you've gone thru a few years of them.

Tom