Old November 14th 03, 09:32 PM
Newps

Leave it up top. One of the main benefits of going from the GPS90 that
was yoke mounted to my GPS Pilot III was that I mounted it on the
glareshield, under the compass just like yours. Having to look down all
the time to look at the GPS is very tiring after a few hours.

Charles Talleyrand wrote:
I have a C-150 and a Garmin GPS Pilot III. Right now it's mounted on
above the interment panel near (but not too close) to the compass.

I would like to mount it on the yoke. Does anyone have any experience
with yoke mounts on a 1966 Cessna 150? Will normal yoke mounts
work well? Must I really pay $89.95 for the yoke mount or is there
a cheaper/better way? Finally, are yoke mounts as cool as they
look, or should I leave it in it's currently functional location.

-Thanks

-Funny bit: If the GPS is mounted to the left of my compass it affects
the compass much more than on the right. This is probably due to the
internals of the GPS. If the GPS is too close to the compass it has an
unfortunately large effect.