Old March 21st 18, 11:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Wells[_2_]

Default Dittel 833 radio

I like mine, David -- it was comparatively good value for money. The
UI isn't great (I can never remember which combination of buttons
and twists does what, but that's a general gripe with most 57mm
glider instruments these days).

The best feature in my view is the ability to remote control it -- I can
set frequencies from within XCSoar, which makes the radio much
more usable. Other head units such as the AIR avionics can remote
control it too.

The Trig is more popular at our club, but I couldn't find a way to
remote control it.

At 21:22 18 March 2018, Bob Gibbons wrote:
On Sun, 18 Mar 2018 10:36:28 +0000, David Crowson
wrote:

I am just about to buy a Dittel (now TQ) KRT2 radio, has anyone

any
experience good or bad with one of these?

I replaced my Dittel FSG71m in mid-2016 with the KRT2. As others

have
mentioned, one feature was the adaptor available to allow me to

use my
existing wiring harness directly.

No issues, very nice radio. I did need to wire up a special harness

allow downloading of the 100 channel memory from my computer

(though
you could to this from the front panel if you had the patience.

Bob