Old September 3rd 04, 03:01 PM
ArtKramr

Subject: The greatest missions were tactical, not strategic
From: "Keith Willshaw"
Date: 9/3/2004 6:56 AM Pacific Standard Time

"ArtKramr" wrote in message
From: "Keith Willshaw"

Date: 9/2/2004 11:42 PM Pacific Standard Time

"ArtKramr" wrote in message

I am sure those books will tell me what war was "REALLY" like.

Of course they dont.

They do however tell me what 'REALLY' happened.
Thats something that wasnt readily apparent to the
average soldier fighting there at the time.

Keith

Those of us who were there know nothing.

You know about what you did and saw as well
as anything you read about.

Those who weren't there know it all.

I said no such thing , its plainly ridiculous.

Does that include your dad?

He was aware of the limits of his knowledge

As a senior NCO he knew all about what his
platoon did, quite a lot about battalion level ops
but he wasnt briefed by Ike and the only knowledge
he had of strategy is what his orders were.

Keith

Nothing special there. That was all of us.

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer