Old July 15th 04, 02:31 PM
James M. Knox

(Steve Chalfin) wrote in
om:

Tim:

I keep my airplane (but unfortuantely don't live) at Kestrel Airpark
(1T7). Kestrel is probably a little closer to San Antonio than Austin,
but it wouldn't be too long of a drive.

I flew in to Kestrel a few weeks ago. Interesting runway and taxiway...

As for Austin, the original was Lakeway. It's grown up so much now that
the folks there often talk of wanting to close the airport. {:(

Breakaway Airpark is just north of the city and nicely maintained. I don't
know what all is still available, but I believe at least a few lots are.
Near it, but on the other side of I-35, is Cross Country Estates. A lot
newer, I know they have lots available. Both of these are turf runways
without instrument approaches (I don't know about night lighting).

I'm sure there are others, but they start getting further out of town.

jmk