Old February 14th 05, 09:10 PM
wmbjk

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 14:38:02 GMT, "Jay Honeck"
wrote:

Or a big propeller.

Now that our conversion to an aviation theme-suites hotel is almost
complete, we think it's time to make the *outside* of the place look more
aviation-ish. (We've only changed the inside, thus far.)

Anyone know where I can find an old Cessna 140 (for example) fuselage for
cheap that I could mount on a pole out front? Or a big ol' Convair prop?
Something I could hoist up onto a 3-story sign, to catch the eye of
travelers?

Anyone got any better ideas? Whatever we do, it can't be unsafe, and it
shouldn't look too kitschy...

Thanks!

Suitable ships have been mentioned in this newsgroup many times, so a
quick search of the archives might produce some leads. Which candidate
is best will depend on your answers to these questions -

If aluminum is your preference, then will something very small be OK,
and can you afford shipping from PR?

If something larger but in fiberglass might be better, are you able to
provide your own canopy latches?

Wayne :-)