Old July 10th 03, 01:13 AM
H. Adam Stevens

Long ago I flew from Austin, TX to Burlington VT in a lovely Seminole I
owned at the time.
N2196B; Is she still at Palwaukee?
Two colleagues from work went commercial (I was giving a talk at a
scientific conference).
I beat them. By 10 hours.
More recently my daughter left Richmond on some damn airline; At the same
time I left in my P Baron.
She was 11 hours later than me and my 58P.
Airlines suck. Buses suck for the same reasons.
Excepting Southwest and Quantas and one or two others.
Maybe. Once-in-a-while. Like when you want to go to Australia.
H.
N502TB

"John Galban" wrote in message
om...
ackatyu (Wdtabor) wrote in message

snippage
If I scheduled so that eveything had to go perfectly or
the whole day went to ****, I would run like US Airways too.

Unfortunately, most airlines operate with zero slack in their
schedules. Your horror story is repeated on most airlines every day.
I haven't set foot on an airliner in 4 years, and truly dread the day
I have to do it again.

And that is the point. They didn't just have a single problem flight.

Every
flight on my itinerary was a problem. They were consistently incompetent

and
didn't give a damn.

Quote snipped from another thread, but it seems quite appropriate
here :

But Candace Kolander of the Association of Flight Attendants union says

the
airline industry has become too obsessed with pleasing passengers.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)