Old March 22nd 06, 11:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Inertial reel shoulder harness - retro fit?

I've decided to opt for the B.A.S. system for the SkyHawk. In response
to the post about the reel breaking down and the belt then being useless --
I find lots of testimonial about how the shoulder harness prevented serious,
perhaps even fatal, injury and nothing about the reels breaking down.
My problem with the fixed length, is that even with the belt loosened to
its max length, I can't reach the fuel selector valve on the floor. With it
cinched down for take off, I can't touch the instrument panel with my finger
tips and its all I can do to keep the throttle all the way in with only one
finger pushing on it.
The last thing I'd want to contend with if the whirly thing quit, is
unfastening that belt to get to the valve and then buckling it back up
before making an off field landing if I couldn't get the noise maker back in
operation.
Ross, thanks for the positive response. Too bad there's no competition
for B.A.S. to get the price down.

Go Fly!