Old April 6th 07, 01:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Newps

Default AeroBid - Online Aviation Auction

xyzzy wrote:

That's interesting, I curise Barnstormers sometimes, I always thought
it was geared more towards light sport and smaller planes, wouldn't
have looked for a 182 there. It's defnitely a fragmented
marketplace.

I never even heard of it until about 3 years ago. A guy in the hangar
behind me buys and sells planes all the time. He uses Barnstormers
exclusively. One of you dummies out there bought an Aztec that my
friend bought from a guy in Wisconsin last year. He offered the guy
$25K for the Aztec and the guy took it. The guy couldn't find the keys,
my buddy says who cares, you don't need keys for a twin and flies
off. Brought it back here to Montana, did an AD on the props and sold it
two months later for $75K.