Old July 7th 07, 08:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Bob Noel

Default air conditioning- nice, required, or silly?

In article .com,
wrote:

Anybody have any experience with air conditioning in their plane-Nice
to have? Silly accessory? Don't leave home without it? 80% Summer
flying in Northeast.

depends on the airplane. In my cherokee 140, it was 70 pounds of
useless weight. Originally, my 140 was a Texas airplane, so the AC
was much more useful. But in the northeast, if it's hot enough that
the AC is really really nice, then it's too hot for decent take-off
performance for my 140.

--
Bob Noel
(goodness, please trim replies!!!)