Old July 19th 08, 03:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Don Byrer

Default Checkride Wednesday...followup to: "Tips for Commercial Glider Checkride?"

On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 22:06:04 -0700, "BT" wrote:

I look forward to the check ride report... but just for asking.. what was
wrong with the radio that the tow was wagging the wings and not giving you
the radio call that both of you needed to land ASAP.

BT

It's been a few days...

As I remember it, we were in discussion with the tow pilot-whether to
continue the tow to 3K or make it a pattern tow. We decided to go
to the opposite IP (furthest from the WX), which whould normally be a
release at 1000-1500'. I started to clear the area ~900', got my
eyes back to the center and the towplane was waving us off. Apparently
he'd been waving us off for several seconds, but I was clearing and
didnt see it.

I pulled, landed,etc. Discussed it with the towpilot on the ground
afterwards, he was wondering why we didnt get off sooner, we were
wondering why he waved us off...we sorted it out...no biggie.

--Don
Don Byrer KJ5KB
Power & Glider Pilot Guy
kj5kb-at-hotmail.com

"I have slipped the surly bonds of earth; now if I can just land without bending the gear..."
"Watch out for those doves...smack-smack-smack-smack..."