Old July 28th 17, 06:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper[_4_]

Default The Cobra "Ramp Grind" - a fix

On Thursday, July 27, 2017 at 5:23:47 AM UTC-7, OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net wrote:
I have been assuming that the original bumper (rubber, not human) surrounds, and is held in place by, the aft carriage stop bolt. I just added secondary bumpers inside the track of the same type forward of the carriage stop bolt for extra collision dampening. They should stay put. Overkill? Nah.. I just don't want anything to happen to my beautiful new Bumper (human, not rubber) SRS sliders, ultra high molecular weight notwithstanding!

Thank you for the compliment!

Adding a bumper (not me) forward of the original bolt (with or without a bumper), may cause a problem in that it can prevent the slide from going far enough aft.

Two unintended things could happen, the ramp tray may not get as close to the floor as intended, and this could make it difficult to get the fuselage dolly to roll from the floor onto the ramp. Also the ramp tray "lock pin" (the little screw that is located near the forward end of the tray and extends down below the tray). As you put the jack end of the ramp on the ground, the lock pin is supposed to fit down behind the floor rear lip to prevent the ramp from shifting forward as the glider is positioned on or pushed up the ramp. The stop pin in the reason you have to lift the jack end of the ramp up to get the ramp to slide in.

Don't worry about that UHMW slider - it's tougher than both of us! Just don't pull the ramp out at a run and things will be fine.