Old January 6th 04, 11:28 PM
Ron Natalie

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message news:xvGKb.751091$HS4.5886342@attbi_s01...
Unless you are going to land on the grass at Pioneer field, the AirVenture

museum
ain't any closer to your plane than parking at Signature is to go to the

Hazy center.

I thought you said they wouldn't run you over to the museum?

Did I misunderstand?

I think either FBO will give you a crew car or potentially drop you over
there. Signature had said to Margy (prior to the opening) that they would
have a special shuttle. However, that all seems to have evaporated in
the mean time. Our friend who showed up on opening day, and some other
people who arrived about the same time destined for the museum just all
traveled down in the crew car. Margy took our friend back to Signature.

We've not pushed the idea with Hawthorne. It's a shame you can't taxi
right up to the building though. The excuse they give is lame...that the
taxiway crosses a road. However, this road is inside a gate you need
a pass for, so frankly I don't know why a pair of stop signs and an "Aircraft
have Right of Way" sign doesn't suffice here like it does elsewhere.