Old October 10th 04, 02:12 PM
Blueskies

"Richard Riley" wrote in message ...
On Sat, 09 Oct 2004 19:45:30 GMT, Shiver Me Timbers
wrote:

: Richard Riley wrote:
:
: it won't mean the end of GA.
:
:Well an interesting question would be....
:
:What would the financial impact be, not only in the US but in most
ther countries of the World if GA was stopped cold in the US.
:
:Airplane manufactures..... how many in US how many worldwide.
:
:How many employess would it affect in just the US.
:
:Unemployed people don't pay taxes, neither do closed manufacturing
:facilities.
:
:Then there is the spin off manufacturing companies, Teledyne, King
:avionics.... well you get the picture.
:
:Those airports.... Oh what would they do with all those empty airports.
:
:Empty of people that is.
:
:And the list goes on and on and on.
:
:From the lady frying up $100 hamburgers, to the mechanic on the line.
:
:And all those fuel sales that won't get made.
:
:Local, State, and Federal taxes.
:
:What would the financial impact be if General Aviation were stopped
:cold in it's tracts.

Not much. Most small airports don't make money for the municipalities
that own them. The number of jobs they support is low, especially
when compared to the value of the land. Financially speaking, most
small airports would make more for the community if they were closed
and turned into housing or industrial parks.

That's why so many cities want to close them, and it's so hard to keep
them open.

There aren't a significant number of manufacturing jobs, a few 10's of
thousands at the most.

The biggest hit would be in making it harder to get trained pilots for
the airlines - but that can be overcome.

Yes, it would be a hit to the economy. EVERYTHING is a hit to the
economy. How many more people would be employed if recreational drugs
were legal? Or if the drinking age were lowered to 18, or smoking was
allowed in California bars? If you really want to see an employment
boom, legalize prostitution. Employment and economic factors are the
only thing that decides this stuff.

If a small plane kill ONE politician, most politicians will vote to
outlaw them. If a small plane kills 100 children, the outcry will be
unstoppable. You think the woman who sells $100 hamburgers, an A&P, a
CFI or a Bonanza owner is going to get more press than 200 grieving
parents?

Hmmm, so freedom sucks, eh? I suppose you are for the bill that was proposed a couple of weeks ago that would make us
"safer" by outlawing GA flights over cities of 1 million or more and requiring all pilots to get permission before they
took off?

The best part of the USA that we will continue to use our aircraft even if a bad thing happens. The mob does not rule,
the constitution does...

There is no way that having folks show some sort of identification will stop someone if they want to take over an
aircraft. What will stop them is all of us free people watching and paying attention. I'll cover your back if you cover
mine...