Old July 22nd 05, 03:18 AM
Ron Snipes

Roger that "Other Kevin". They have taken out some high-time pilots. The
engine has been known to Seize, which also makes your rotor not turn. This
makes an autorotation extremely difficult.

Some words just don't go together in a sentence, like "Affordable" and or
"Cheap" and "Helicopter". Mini 500 buyers are lured by Affordable and Cheap.

I have a htm file that was a several year study of Mini-500 accidents.
Pretty interesting read. One in particular, the ship caught on fire when the
owner went inside his house to get something. He thinks his Crescent wrench
slipped off the ship and fell on the battery causing it to short out and
catch fire. Totalling the ship. Then they make the statement "the ship had
been for sale for quite a while".

I have never flown a Mini 500.
Ron Snipes
New Bern, NC

"planeman" wrote in message
oups.com...
I see Mini-500 helicopters selling on eBay, but much less these days.
Is there someone in the marketplace that can sell me parts if I was
compelled to buy the incomplete one selling now?