Old July 24th 05, 08:40 PM
Gordon Arnaut

Rusty,

Thanks for the update.

I hate that kind of attitude from vendors too. Oh well, if they don't like
the color of your money, it's their loss.

I'm intrigued by your twin-wankel idea. I appreciate the elegant simplicity
of the wankel design myself and try to keep abreast of what's happening in
the rotary avaition community.

When you say single-rotor, are you talking about a 13b that has been
shortened? I wonder too about the smaller displacement Mazdas -- you never
hear much about those, but I would assume they should be lighter than the
13b.

Regards,

Gordon.

"Bellsouth News Server" wrote in message
.. .
I got a reply from Spectrum, and it wasn't quite what I expected. I had
mentioned in my original message that my interest was in putting two single
rotor Mazda engines on the plane. Unfortunately, they seem to be very
anti-experimental, and it was suggested that I "find some other design to
mess with...". Silly me, I thought it would be a perfect design to test
alternative engines. Needless to say, they won't be getting any of my
business.

Cheers,
Rusty
13B Mazda power RV-3B flying
Single rotor Mazda powered Kolb Slingshot in progress (got rid of the
912S)