Old February 9th 06, 03:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Ping: Toecutter

We use a bungie cord that hooks to the brake rod on the right rudder pedal
on the pilot's side, loops once around the right horn of the pilot's yoke,
then around the left horn of the right-side yoke, and down to the left
rudder pedal rod on that side. Basically it does what the seatbelt method
does, but leaves a bit of compliance so if someone tows the plane with it
on, no damage is done. You need a fairly long bungie, but this seems to
work well. The loops around the yoke horns are because our bungie is just a
bit too long. OTOH, we ended up with a cracked support bracket, so perhaps
we need to rethink this.

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
newsKxGf.763019$_o.504139@attbi_s71...
(A)nyone who has a Cherokee needs to make sure the gust lock is in place
when the plane is tied down, every time.

Just curious -- what kind of "gust lock" do you use on your Cherokee?

I've only used the "seat belt" method, when I remember -- and I always
hate the way it cranks the stabilator up into the air.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA