Old October 10th 10, 02:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,sci.military.naval
Daryl Hunt[_2_]

Default USMC declares AH-1Z Viper combat ready

On 10/9/2010 6:57 PM, wrote:
On Oct 5, 2:10 pm, "Paul J. Adam"
wrote:
In message
,
writes

But has there ever been a helo vs. helo battle?

There were encounters between Iraqi Mi-24s and Iranian Cobras during
their war, though I don't know the number or outcomes.

--
He thinks too much, such men are dangerous.

Paul J. Adam

Ok, let's see. According to the list of Iraqi air-to-air victories
at:

Note: the Mi-25 is a version of the "Hind" that was used by the
Iraqi's at the time.

One of the Fake Special Forces claimed that he downed a Hind-D
with a 7.65 rifle in Afganstan. He wouldn't go into how he did
it. I mentioned that the Hind had one weak point. The Oil
Cooling Radiator. He jumped on that and said that is what he
hit. RED FLAG!!! Even if you did hit it, it had about 45
minutes of flight left before the gearbox would freeze up.

I stated there is no way he could have done it because he was
still here. You shoot at the Hind-D and it kills you. Nothing
short of a 20mm or larger can do anything other than **** it off.
Just as well be poking a hornets nest.