Old November 1st 04, 02:05 PM
pourquoipas

As far as I am concern, the best and free one is PocketFMS that could
be download at http://www.pocketfms.com/ . Use it on your PC for fly
planing. If you have a pocketPC and a GPS, you have the perfect
system.

For user of Magellan 315 or yellow SporTrak, they have an aeronautical
database. Visit http://pages.videotron.com/smdaoust/gpsnav/ it is for
canadian pilots but there is links for american and european pilots.

.. On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 18:05:05 GMT, "marc"
wrote:

I'm looking for a simple flight planning program or link to do some long
cross country, short leg vfr flying. Something simple, without weight and
balance computation or having to put in fuel burn and power setting. Don't
need any graphics. Just a flight log type that uses an airport database.

There was once an online flight planner that would produce a cross-country
log with route, heading, and airports just by putting in maximum legs,
average airspeed, and max altitude. It would compute the route making
allowances or detours for moa and longest legs for fuel stops. This was
great for planning an ultralight type cross-country. It wouldn't tilt if
you didn't put in all the info. It would work with the info you put in, if
it was enough.

I think the online site went commercial or to a commercial program. I would
buy it if I could find it.

I know this has been asked before, but a Google search did not produce the
answer I was looking for.

I know how to plan without it. It would be a convenience tool to get
started planning. The reason I mention this is that some of these type
questions got to be 100 plus answers on how to plan a flight, all of which
had nothing to do with the topic.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Marc

remove x and next four before at