Old January 30th 05, 04:51 PM

That's a nice variation on the Mile High Club. ;-)

Roy Smith wrote:

In article , wrote:

If anyone wants to see the Jepp chart it is at:

http://www.members.cox.net/aterpster

I tried uploading to the aviation binary group but apparently my ISP is now
blocking
binary uploads to Usenet groups...which I understand is becoming more common.

They probably thought it was porn...

Breathlessly, I accepted my controller's vector. I was completely under
her control, adjusting heading and even altitude to meet her every whim.
Although I could not see, I could sense her guiding me closer and closer.
Approaching the outer marker, however, I started to slow down on my own. I
had never flown this approach before and wanted to savor those precious
moments between when the approach lights first showed themselves and when
my main gear finally touched the landing zone.

Then, it happened. My controller told me she didn't want to talk to me any
more and started giving me instructions on how to contact my next
controller. I had done this before, but there was still the mystery and
excitement of anticipating the unknown. I didn't know what to expect, but
followed her instructions anyway. What else could I do? My gear was
extended and there was no turning back now...