Old May 6th 05, 01:09 PM
ram

I was told under no uncertain terms by ATC one day that "Double clicking is
*NOT* an acknowledgement." On the below, ATC is not only giving information
("radar contact"), but relaying instructions ("proceed on course").
Instructions require not only acknowledgement, but readback: "Proceeding on
course, 45Q."

As far as altimeter settings, if you don't acknowledge, ATC doesn't whether
or not you heard them. If you don't read them back, they don't know whether
or not you heard them correctly. "29.92, 45Q."

wrote in message
news:1115361381.ba8215193ce4b7d4faa4002afd3225cc@o nlynews...
On 5 May 2005 14:21:41 -0700, "Andrew"
wrote:

ATC says "radar contact, 20 miles south of XYZ, proceed on course". Do
you acknowledge this transmission? Do they want read back for everything,
or should
we shut up as much as possible?

The best thing to do is click your transmitter twice.

And in deference to Dudley, I'm going to put a smiley here.

00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00

Sorry, but I just couldn't do it.

Mike Weller