Old January 30th 07, 02:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
stol

Default Bose vs. Lightspeed

On Jan 30, 7:28 am, " jls" wrote:
I finally got to try out Bose headsets. They were a phenomenon.
Utterly clear, crisp and unimpeded hearing on a cross-country from WNC
to Charleston, SC in a 182. Very positive impression of these $1000
miracles.

I have a poor set of Lightspeeds. When at their best they are great
too, but they are coming apart. The plastic is cracking although I
never keep them in the plane, and they go crazy when the noise is
loud, as when you firewall the throttle. They will blast your ears
with something really loud and cacophonic, as if what they are doing
is not reducing but amplifying noise.

Another Lightspeed user said, "Change batteries." Well, I did but
the blast is still there in a 172 and in the noisy Taylorcraft.

When you listen to Beethoven's Violin Concerto and don't hear the high
notes, you know what you got left should be pampered.

Any suggestions? I guess I ought to send them back to the company.
Thanks.

I LOVE my Lightspeed 20 3 G's .................. and less then half
the cost of the Bose things.