Old July 16th 08, 02:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ernest Christley

Default FAA publishes proposed changes to amateur-built rules.

Jim Logajan wrote:
The EAA has an article on the proposed changes:

http://www.eaa.org/news/2008/2008-07-15_policy.asp

Welcome to "Joe's House of Incomplete Aircraft". We're all having a good time.

I do like the part about requiring the inspector to question the builder about the build process. Even if I do pay
someone to help me, I should at least know what is going on. I wished the EAA did more to question builders before
handing out awards. Beyond insuring that they're giving awards to amateurs, it would go a long way to promoting their
goal of education.