Old September 13th 03, 07:12 AM
CH

:-) I know this problem Eric,
and I have to admit, that I came into the age as well.
First you just think it is too dark to read the figures,
because you recognise them easily in broad light.
But then you try with your friends reading glasses
and find out - heck I need them to see sharp. the
reduced light just has an additional effect, because
the pupils open wider and that influences the sharp
vision range.
I hate reading glasses in the cockpit - I would prefer
one big glas screen, showing the figures BIG ;-)
Chris

"Eric Greenwell" wrote in message
"Too much light" hasn't been a problem for this glider pilot,
especially as he gets older. It's getting harder to read instruments,
especially PDA's, and maps, so I would recommend a colorless canopy
unless Steve B is a young man (I know he's not thinking of getting a
DG!).
Eric Greenwell
Richland, WA (USA)