Old June 21st 05, 12:29 AM
John Galban

Jay Honeck wrote:
snippage
How would *you* have handled it?

What I do when this happens is to stay on the freq. an wait until
some airliner overhead talks to the controller (be it Center or
Approach). Then I ask him to relay a msg. to the controller that I'm
out of radio range and will squawk VFR. Wherever there's Center or
Approach coverage, I'm usually within line of sight of an airliner
overhead that is already talking to them.

If I get no luck on the relay, I'll squawk 1200 and call FSS on the
ground and ask them to pass the word that I dropped below radio range.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)

--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA