Old July 18th 10, 03:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Michael Horowitz

Default Removing flux?

I see where it says to quence in hot water; I"ll give it a try - MIke

On Sun, 18 Jul 2010 09:33:00 -0400, GeorgeB wrote:

On Sun, 18 Jul 2010 08:20:32 -0400, Michael Horowitz
wrote:

I'm doing some brazing and would like to remove the solid cake of
flux that forms around the braze.
How do I remove that flux?
Mechanical or is there a chemical? - Mike

In my experience, most brazing flux used with steel may be removed
with water. In the days when I did some, an old toothbrush and warm
water did the trip.

What flux are you using? The manufacturer (well, name on the jar)
probably has cleanup procedures.