Old April 15th 13, 02:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob

Default Gordon Boettger 1000 mile attempt going on right now

On Apr 14, 6:11*pm, "John Godfrey (QT)"
wrote:
On Sunday, April 14, 2013 9:10:12 PM UTC-4, Steve Leonard wrote:
Looks like they have landed at the airport at Gunnison, Colorado. *Fantastic flight, guys!

Great flight!

I'll second those motions... superb going. Even though the weather
slowed their planned progress, it was a great flight, one to be proud
of, and I'll bet they will be happy to warm up now that they are on
the ground!

Sure was fun to watch the trace as it was happening. Brought back
memories of last summer's 475 mile world record hang glider flight in
Texas. Watched that one on SPOT page to landing.