Old February 25th 04, 03:59 PM
Roy Smith

Scott wrote:
Can the approach be flown leagally by requesting alternate
missed approach instructions that don't require and ADF?

Now that's a great question. I suppose ATC can override anything really.

Actually, ATC can only over-ride those things which way "unless approved
by ATC" or something similar. For example, ATC can waive the rule which
says you need to file a flight plan to get an IFR clearance, because
91.whatever says they can. But they cannot invent new approach
procedures.

But then, what do you do in case of lost comm? You can't fly the
published missed. If you're an AOPA member, call up there help line.

Yeah, I can just see that. "Hi, AOPA? I'm up here in the clouds, my
radios just crapped out, and I need to go missed. Can you help me?" :-)