Old December 8th 10, 02:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jcarlyle

Default tso altimeter

I think something is getting lost in translation.

I've never heard of a TCDS being used for anything other than
aircraft, and I cannot find a TCDS on the web that doesn't apply to an
aircraft (except in the LS8 manual I cited above). Also, a TSO doesn't
apply to an aircraft, just instruments. Lastly, the Approval Number
format we're dealing with here, 10.220/xx, doesn't fit the format of
the numbers used for European TDCS for aircraft found in Europe. For
example, the LS8 had a TCDS under the LBA of 402, under EASA it is now
A.047.

Something doesn't make sense.

-John

On Dec 7, 6:43 pm, John Smith wrote:
No. It's a LBA (the German FOCA) thing. I have no idea whether and how
this has changed with EASA.

In the mean time, I've learnt that the correct English name of the paper
is "Type Certificate Data Sheet (TCDS)", and the number is called
"Approval Number". If the device ist TSOed, then that TSO should be
found on that sheet.