Old July 5th 04, 09:13 PM
Bob McKellar

Merlin Dorfman wrote:

Steven P. McNicoll ) wrote:

: Perhaps the person you talked to mistook the C-99 that had sat there for
: many years for a C-74. The C-99 was dismantled and shipped to the USAFM for
: restoration not long ago.

Do I recall seeing a XC-99 at Amon Carter Field (between Dallas
and Fort Worth) many years ago, before DFW was built, or am I
delusional?
BTW is there an index on the Web of aircraft on display at
museums? Thanks.

Here is my humble effort, which includes planes on sticks as well.

http://www.coastcomp.com/av/pres/index.htm

When I started this list, most museums did not have websites, so it was more
useful than it is now. After 8 years or so messing with the list, I have pretty
much moved off to other things and don't maintain it very well anymore.

I still think it's a good starting place.

Bob McKellar