Old October 25th 19, 02:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Duster[_2_]

Default Looking for articles on flying OLC. Performance optimization.

On Thursday, October 24, 2019 at 2:47:58 PM UTC-5, Bob Youngblood wrote:
On Thursday, October 24, 2019 at 3:32:00 PM UTC-4, Mike N. wrote:
While funny, neither of these replies are helpful.

So do I just wander around as best I can or are there actually any strategies?

Yes, I get triangle, no I'm not looking for OLC groupies, I'm really interested in pushing and enhancing my limited skills by perhaps pushing some goal orient flights.

Best way would be to buy a back seat ride in an Arcus, let the seasoned veteran do all the flying and then upload the flight as your score. I do believe that someone described this as the Shill ride.

If that's what defines an OLC cheater, then mea culpa. When I fly the back seat of my friend's Arcus, he logs the flight into OLC via either his acct or mine, depending on who did the majority of flying. Didn't realize you had to fly the front seat and own the glider to make the logs legit. .....and the last time I tried to pick up a woman at a bar using my OLC bragging points, it cost me a lot of green and my wife still didn't want to go home with me!