Old November 30th 03, 01:38 AM
Greg Esres

which translates into a 2.5-g pull to stall/spin the airplane at
that speed. The MAXIMUM snap roll speed should probably be no greater
than about 1.7 to 1.8 x Vso...

Rich:

Thanks for your reply.

The genesis for my question is that there are a number of aerodynamic
sources which discuss the concept of a "dynamic stall", where when the
a/c is rapidly rotated to a high AOA, it can generate a much higher
lift coefficient than in steady state conditions.

My thought is that a snap roll should duplicate those conditions.
However, the g-forces you're reporting don't seem to match that
theory. Bill Kershner said that he does snap rolls at 80 knots, and
has never seen more than 3 g's in his Aerobat.