Old January 30th 09, 11:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

Default Short Wings Gliders

On Jan 30, 2:46*pm, John Smith wrote:
I don't know a single glider pilot who doesn't think that power flying
is just plain dull. Certainly useful, but nevertheless dull.

Well it's true that you don't know me, but if you did I'd raise the
count from zero to one. I've instructed, towed, flown jumpers, flown
sea planes, and tail wheel, done some aerobatics, dodged weather to
deliver blood and even flew one of them whirly things (Bell 47) once.
In fact all sorts of flying of powered aircraft ranging in size from a
J3 to an MD-11. Some parts were routine, some part of it were
exciting, but I don't remember thinking that any of it was dull.

Dull is sitting in glider and staying within gliding range of the
launch point while your friends race.

Andy