Old January 31st 09, 12:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

Default Short Wings Gliders

On Jan 30, 4:25 pm, toad wrote:
...But seriously, will it require a builder to do the
gelcoat finishing ? That sounds like a huge amount of work just
there.

I don't know yet. So far gelcoat has been a big pain for us.

If we do supply shells without gelcoat, it doesn't necessarily mean
that the builder will have to mess with gelcoat themselves. It just
means that the builder will apply primer and then topcoat, which can
be relatively straightforward with the water-borne composite finishing
systems available these days.

PS nice Yosemite pics, makes me want to go see the place again. A
long time ago I visited summers to climb there.

Well, come on back if you can. If you get here early some morning
we'll cruise the Royal Arches or something easy like it.

Thanks, Bob K.