Old November 29th 04, 03:42 AM
Dave Russell

(David B. Cole) wrote in message om...
Thanks to Tom Parsons for his help and to Rich for helping start the
addiction.

Dave,

Welcome! It's great to read a story about somebody taking the step up
to inverted and having so much fun doing it. We used to call Erwinna
"Van Slant", and Azar is a truly wonderful guy.

My first few inverted sessions convinced me that there should be an
inverted "fudge factor" of about 7 (i.e., -1 on the g-meter really
means -7). Pretty soon you'll be pushing a couple without noticing it
much... but I've yet to meet anyone that pushes -3 or more and claims
it's fun or easy. :-|

Once you get those aileron rolls down really well in the Super D, get
Azar to take you for a ride in the Stearman and try one. It's a
humbling experience, to say the least.

If you should find a 12-step program for areobatic pilots, please
don't tell my wife about it.

-Dave Russell
8KCAB / N2S-3