Old June 20th 16, 06:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Loye Hilton[_2_]

Default Seminole-Lake Gliderport is Thriving

At 16:29 19 June 2016, Rich Owen wrote:
First I would like to wish all our fathers out there a Happy Fathers Day!

=
With as much sadness as we have had in Orlando recently it is good to
celeb=
rate a very special day. =20

The company sent out a press release on September 10, 2015 that

announced
t=
he change in leadership at Seminole-Lake Gliderport. A short seven

months
=
after that leadership change, we held the 26th Annual Senior Soaring
Champi=
onship. This contest had 93 pilots sign up for only 60 total entry

slots.
=
Please take a look at the video that was commissioned for the event
(https=
..//vimeo.com/160381774). If you look at the latest Soaring magazine in

the
=
section on new glider pilots, Seminole-Lake is doing a great job of
introdu=
cing new pilots and powered pilots to soaring. As a member of the

soaring
=
community, all of our employees strive to provide the very best
instruction=
, and service to all of you. There has been a number of questions posted
on=
the health of the company. As the Vice President I can tell all of you
we=
are doing great. We have made capital improvements to the grounds, have
p=
lans for a T-hangar project, and continue to be the home of the largest
sin=
gle class contest in the US. We have also run XC/Racing/OLC Camps
followin=
g the Seniors that have been attended by a wide range of pilots. =20

I would encourage everyone who attended one of our camps or the Seniors

=
post on this site your impressions of Seminole-Lake. I would also ask
ASW2=
to contact me personally so that we could discuss

your
=
concerns.

Again, have a very Happy Father's Day! See you on the grid!

Rich Owen (ZO)
Vice President
Seminole Flying and Soaring (Parent company of Seminole-Lake Gliderport)

407-325-6500 cell