Old February 7th 17, 03:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sierra Whiskey

Default Oldie and Power Flarm

I have my Power Flarm feeding my SN-10 and my SN-10 feeding my Oudie. All three of the units have their own unique way of displaying traffic alerts. I particularly like the Oudie display for longer range targets, especially when team flying. As long as the Flarm Net file is updated, the Oudie will show the Contest ID of the various targets.

I also had one occasion where I was flying in the vicinity of an uncontrolled airport with heavy student traffic, especially for instrument approaches.. I was able to watch the traffic targets establishing in the holding pattern stacked, and knew how many aircraft were on approach between the VOR and the airport.

It is important to remember though, this setup does not replace the need for eyes outside the cockpit. Don't get too focused on the volume of data available and displayed by these units. It can be distracting at times.