Old February 7th 17, 09:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Taylor

Default Oldie and Power Flarm

John,

The answer is it depends. Depending on your mission SeeYou Mobile is fine.. For cross-country flying the SYM is enough of a display. For racing I like a secondary display of either the Butterfly or FlarmView. Each gives slightly different situational awareness. The SYM is good for long rang scanning and keeping track of multiple gliders. In a thermal it is not as good if you are zoomed in. The Butterfly display can track the closest target. Tactically I use both in different ways so keep both for racing.

For alarms I have a V7, Butterfly and Oudie. All three go into alarm when there is a threat. In a loud cockpit the Butterfly or V7 are better, flying slow or thermalling the Oudie is very good.

Tim