Old February 8th 17, 09:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
George Haeh

Default Oldie and Power Flarm

I really like the Oudie for traffic SA over a few miles. It makes it harder
for
another glider to sneak up on me. Closer to the field, the Oudie alerts
well
before the PF gets concerned.

I did get a Mode C alert from the PF that turned out to be a C-175 coming
from behind. I did a couple gentle banks to make myself more visible when I

couldn't see anything in front or to the sides.

Sharing a thermal, you want to know when somebody is about to join in.

A display dedicated to PF comes into its own in tighter traffic because
there's
no clutter. The original Butterfly display does the job.

If I had only one traffic display I'd seriously consider the AA ATD.