Old June 16th 17, 02:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Matt S

Default Cordele...hello?

I agree with what Frank mentioned above. SSA.org is great, but it reaches a fairly closed community - those already committed to the sport. We really should be promulgating as much as we can on social media as well. We all know interest and participation in this sport is declining - it has been for years. If we want to attract new and young participants, we need to go where they are - social media.

We can all post pictures and videos of our soaring experiences to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc. It's all very easy from your smartphone and might just encourage someone to visit their local field for a ride.