Old February 8th 18, 04:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default RIP Matt Wright (Balleka on YouTube)

On 2/8/2018 9:05 AM, wrote:
snip
Another question: why go flying in such conditions? Speak up at your club if you feel conditions are unsafe for operations.
Herb

Uhhh...Â* Because that's when you can get some of the best flights. If
you don't like the conditions, don't fly.Â* It's as simple as that.Â* Why
should I not fly if you don't like the conditions?Â* Let me make that
decision for myself.

I have taken off in similar conditions many times.Â* Most often I land
quickly due to not finding the lift, but sometimes there's a spectacular
flight in the works!Â* Is this going to turn into the next "Hard Deck"
thread?

And, BTW, our NTSB could learn a lot from the Brits when it comes to
accident reporting of general aviation accidents.
--
Dan, 5J