Old December 20th 06, 03:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Orval Fairbairn

Default Time travel

In article . com,
"John" wrote:

Good answer . . . but. . . . wouldn't GPS be better than LORAN (cripes
I hope I dont start a flame war over this.

With modern avionics, you can have both -- and save a lot of weight and
power requirements. Add a Strikefinder, NEXRAD, etc.

WaltBJ wrote:
Either a turbo DC3/C47 or a PBY5 with an added PT6 on centerline. Good
autopilot, radar and loran/loran-C. I'm not the least bit interested in
getting back into combat. Either of those birds can go just about
anywhere that matters to me.
Walt BJ