Old January 24th 04, 03:47 AM
Dale Farmer

Duke of URL wrote:

In ,
Ned Pike radiated into the
WorldWideWait:
In ,
Glenfiddich spewed:
On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 17:00:37 -0500, "Jim Carriere"
wrote:
"Kristan Roberge" wrote in message

How often do you strike 4 pounds of bird? Other than ducks and
geese, I can't think of many 4 pound birds you might run a plane
into.

Um, there's lots... I've dodged plenty of hawks and buzzards- big
ones over 5 foot wingspan too. It depends what area you fly in I
guess.
Buzzards aren't God's smartest creatures either, they don't seem
to yield to anything no matter how big it is.
Even seag(ulls will give you right of wayif they see you in time.)

AND if they are not so gorged on roadkill that they can take off.
I lost a radiator grille and a headlamp to a severely overloaded
seagull on the road near Lossie - its rate of climb was
inches/hour. As to lack of smarts - it was eating another seagull
that had been smooshed on the road earlier, it never entered its
greedy little brain to wonder how that meal had gotten there.
Seagulls and aircraft are an even worse mix.

Given such gross stupidity, can anyone explain why all gulls are
protected under current US law?

??? They aren't. Who told you that? I can go out in a field and shoot
any of them I want to. I wouldn't, of course, because there's nothing
you can do with them.

I don't know about you, but the last time I went skeet shooting, the
range master warned me repeatedly that shooting them was illegal and
I would be fined heavily if I did. G(*$*$#am flying rats.

--Dale