Old February 9th 04, 07:49 PM
mm

"Kirk Stant" wrote in message
om...
I'm looking for a PZL KI-13A compass to replace mine that has become
almost unuseable - the plastic window has clouded and the numbers
cannot be read very easily anymore (understatement!).

Anyone out there have one sitting on a shelf gathering dust? I know,
what do I need a compass for...well, my equipment list says I need
one, and being an old Air Force navigator I kind of like having it
there to remind me of how horrible it was in those pre-GPS days!

And the little KI-13A is the only compass I can squeeze onto my LS6
panel (I refuse to put one on top, where it hides the towplane, and
makes reflections in the canopy).

I checked all the US and Canadian dealers - no luck. Either they are
really popular, or really crap and aren't made anymore! And the
manufacturer in Poland won't answer my emails to them, despite a nice
website showing the compass in all it's glory (at
http://www.pzl.com.pl/en/produkty.html).

Anyway, can anyone help? How about it, Janusz, how about waking up
your countymen and tell them to answer their mail?

Kirk
Off to the gliderport to wax my wings

See (near the bottom):
http://www.dianasailplanes.com/pricing.html