Old July 7th 05, 06:18 AM
Ron Wanttaja

On Wed, 6 Jul 2005 21:35:18 -0400, "Morgans" wrote:

"John Sp" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me if this radio can be operated and re-charged (at the

same
time) from a 12V source -(Aircraft/Auto battery)

Thnaks in advance from John in Cape Town

I believe that the answer is yes, but it is not to transmit while on charge.
The owners manual has that information. Check that to be sure. The manual
should be online.

You will need a voltage converter (cigarette lighter adapter) of the correct
voltage output, as selected by the voltage input label, on the case of the
radio.

FWIW, I emailed ICOM about my IC-A5, and they definitely said not to transmit on
the charger. I bought a plug-in battery eliminator.

Ron Wanttaja