Old April 9th 04, 10:35 PM
O. Sami Saydjari

Jim wrote:

I'm kind of confused.
When or how did he actually clear you for the approach?

He cleared me for the approach about 10 miles out and then approved a
freq change. The paproach does not say "NO PT", so is it legit to
assume that I do not need to do one?

If he cleared you for the appoach and also cleared you direct NEPCO, then
you just shoot the approach straight in on the SDF once established on the
localizer. Since you were approaching from the south, no procedure turn is
necessary.

It does not say that in the approach plate.

If he only cleared you to NEPCO, but didn't clear you for the approach, then
you should expect further clearance or enter the hold.

I don't think he would have given you a frequency change if he expected you
to do the full approach including the procedure turn, I'd only expect to get
the hand off after I was inbound crossing the IAF.