Old March 26th 06, 05:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default 2006 Annual -- My 8th Owner Assisted -- Update

Sorry, I don't buy it. No sealant will work without being sucked into the
void.

Well, I hear ya -- but every time I've questioned my A&P, I've been
proven wrong. He's been building engines for 40 years, and if he says
it might work, I'm willing to give it a shot. (He has allowed that it
might not.)

They've come a long ways with this kind of sealant stuff. We had a
leak in a high-pressure hot water pipe that would have been a helluva
thing to solder. It would have required ripping the ceiling down,
cutting joists, the whole nine yards. Instead, the plumber put some
kind of goop on the leaky joint that worked. I wouldn't have believed
it if I hadn't seen it -- but it sets up like iron, even on the wet
surface, and is water-tight.

Dunno what this stuff is that my A&P is using, but as I said they use
it on jets for fuel leaks. I'll let you know if it works.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA