Old October 18th 04, 10:32 PM
Fred Voltz

14101 Apple Tree Road
Houston, TX 77079

"Paul" wrote in message ...
In New Zealand it is illegal to tow gliders with the Schweizer hook anyway.
Have you an address for Ken?
Cheers
Paul
"Fred Voltz" wrote in message
om...
A few years ago I installed a Schweizer hook on my 1953 cessna 180.
The current owner is Ken Sorenson and he may be able to get you a copy
of the 337 I filed.

At the risk of starting a debate, I would suggest sticking to the Tost
hook idea if you are going to do a lot of towing of pilots of varying
skills and currency. It is possible to put too much pressure on a
Schweizer hook if the glider is out of position such that the tow
pilot cannot release the glider. A number of tow pilots have perished
this way over the years.

The tost release will work with the glider in any position.

I used a Schweizer hook because it was significantly cheaper and I
only towed highly experienced pilots and then only ocassionaly.