Old September 5th 03, 02:56 PM
Chip Jones

"Mark Kolber" wrote in message
[snipped]
And Chip Jones said

I'm sqauwking now. We appear to me to be at a juncture in this debate
similar to the old saying about the Nazi's in Germany.

You are not going to convince me, nor hopefully anyone else, that
there is moral or political equivalent between balancing the overall
benefits of a legislative package to your group and sitting idly by
while people are murdered. "Hall of horrors" comparisons like that are
used regularly as a last ditch effort by the desperate to rally the
ignorant, add absolutely nothing to the debate and tend to be
personally offensive to those who were the target of the acts being
used for the comparison.

Mark, the reference to the "old saying" in my post was to the slippery slope
that doing nothing about ATc privatization *right now* represents. No one
is comparing ATC privatization to the Holocaust, morally or politically.
Such a comparison is so patently shallow I never even considered that my
post could be misconstrued as doing so. If you got offended, I'm sorry.

Sure. Consolidating job responsibilities and moving a portion of
traditionally public sector jobs to the private one is =just= like
genocide. Give me a break.

LOL. Now I'm offended that you're offended...

Chip, ZTL